Day 7: If I Were A Time Traveller

Saturday 23 November 2013

Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is mystery,
today is gift.


It's like a backfire when I put "Time Traveller" in the polling section though I knew people MUST be choosing that option. But it's the consequence. I must write a post under that theme. Please take a note that it is only for fun. It's not something which I really hope it will happen to be real. As a Muslim, I believe in the strict prohibition of someone to be a daydreamer. "If only I trust her", "If only I did what she said", "If only I were the deceased Princess Diana's only daughter". Lol.

Time Traveller here is not like something we usually see Doraemon did with his time machine which could bring him and his friends, to go around the world. Like from Japan to hundreds years ago somewhere in Egypt. It 'limits' to the time since I was born and the places I have ever been in.

1. When I was a 6-or-7-months-old baby

I was born in a government-owned cocoa plantation and it was an incident in baby daycare where the parents in the plantation housing entrusted their children in when they were working.

My mom retailed:
When my mother came to the daycare to pick me up, the nanny innocently told her that she was confused why I cried. When my mother saw my condition, she was shocked for what had happened. I sobbed and there were some bite marks on my body. And it's predicted I'd cried for hours.

It turned out the other baby in the daycare who bite me. The nanny who was responsible to make everything under control asked my mother to resolve it amicably but she firmly refused that. She instead asked my father to complain the problem to the supervisor to discharge the nanny. Because the nanny left the babies and she was back to her home to do her personal activity. And it's true. According to my mother, the nanny never back to work in the daycare until her retirement.

The reason I 'want' to be back to that time is not because I want to sue her as the young adult version of the victim baby. Lol. But I 'want' to see how the bite process. Lol. Because my mother added that the incident had caused some hearsay the baby bite me was experiencing demonic possession. Once again, according to what my mother said, it's too hard to believe when seen from the bite marks, they were done by a baby. It's not only one bite mark but there were several which my mother called 'many'.

2.  When everything was 100 times cheaper

Have your parents or someone told you that an amount of money at this time which can only buy one kind stuff, could be used to buy so many stuffs 20 years ago? Yes!! I 'want' to be back to the time where I could buy tens of grams of gold with my weekly pocket money and bring them back. Lol.

Comments