Day 2: What People Call Hobby

Monday 18 November 2013


I had had this hobby since I was a junior high. The regular activity for pleasure in my leisure. Game playing! I do not know how I love those games played through this rectangular screen. It started by what I call the ancestor of PC game Tetris (based on my age)Lol. And Zuma. Do not tell me if any one of you who do not know those two games. And I think Zuma is the pioneer for those three-same-colors-or-shape-then-crash games.

But the ancient game which made me so addictive was Tumble Pop, a game from Japan released in 1991. Just one year after my birth. I only know if my brother went out of his bedroom, I would sneak into there and turn the computer on to play as a ghost-buster who could suck monster with the vacuum-cleaner-like devices and spit them back in a bouncing / rolling ball.


But I had switched my favorite game genre from arcade to hidden object games. Oh my! I love this kind of game. I feel like watching a movie or it is more precisely that I role as the main character. Solving the puzzles, find the relation between one scene to another, and of course the interesting narrations among them. Not to mention if they were presented by great designs. Lovable!

I found something interesting when played Snark Busters: Welcome To The Club, when Kira Robertson sneaked into someone's office, she needed to open the protected-by-code safe and she used a stethoscope to hear the click sound. Because there would be click sound if she spin to the right number. But it was needed to find the whole right numbers in a row or if not, started again. And I found this thingy when watching That Winter, The Wind Blows. Lol.


That's my hobby. I have another but no one is bigger than this. 




Comments