Not-so Hilarious Independence Day Celebration

Saturday 24 August 2013

I know it's too late to post about Independence Day now, but late is better than not at all. Years back, Independence Day fallen on Ramadhan fasting month for 3 years in a row and for those times, there were no any celebration which always be fulfilled by physic activities, competitions and of course the foody time. And I saw for this year celebration, people look like not so enthusiast to welcome it. I found there were still some houses didn't plug the national flagpole in their front yard and very few people put the national flag on their vehicles. Not blaming the fasting month, okay .

Our neighborhoods always held the Day in the wide lawn owned by Alwashliyah and for this year, we just used the ground front yard because of the least number of games and participants . Oh, Melda and me joined the Cracker Eating Competition. We joined the Mother Class because there was no class for teenagers; we were not teenager anymore, though. I'm the winner.. I'm the winner.. From the last.. Lol. Seriously I was in the last position. haha. Scolded by one of the committees due to our not-serious behave. I disturbed Mel's cracker and she revenged. hahaha.



This is a competition I never won no matter how often I joined it when I was a kid, Sacks Race. I never won any single contest, though. When I joined Slowly Bike which the winner was the latest one reach the finish line, I was the first reached it. Lol


I never think to join this kind of game. Girl, this Nail in Bottle game can be one of the best ways to ruin your image. haha. The participants should run in a certain length from other line as fast as possible. Then put the nail tied in the end of plastic rope which had been tied to your back waist. Half-squat to suit the nail to be put into the bottle mouth.


Areca nut Tree Climbing was the most widely watched among the whole games. The tree trunk was covered by thick slippery oil with some envelopes with certain amount of money written on them hanged on it. And the flag valued the highest prize. One group consisted of 6-7 people and shoulder  to shoulder to get the grand prize.


Usually there were Volleyball, Tag of War, Leisurely Bike with a lucky draw and Kuda Kepang. But once again, it's better than nothing .

Comments