Nothing is The Same

Thursday 22 January 2015


Enough! Back to the topic. I miss you, Sissy.. It's something you've waited for so long. As well as us. Now you have your own family, in which now you are not a princess but a queen. You manage everything and parents' allowance and forbidden is not your priority anymore. And the biggest change is you move into your own home. Not in here, our home. Our; I and them exclude you :(

Everything is changing. This home is kinda quiet since you move. Except the fact that now the duty you used to do is being mine; do the laundry. This house is much different now. The atmosphere. The nagging we do in every morning just because you are so lelet while I am Miss On-Time. Argued for something trivial even fought because of that. But 30 minutes later we talk like nothing happen just because both of us focus on the same thing; the news about celebrity who get endorsement from her illness. Lol. And afternoon meatball time. Even when we try to repeat those whole things. Everything will be not the same.

January 9th 2015 was the date. Akad Nikah was held one day before on Friday. And the ceremony was on Saturday. I could not manage time to snap many photos. What else? It's we pay a photographer for. Lols. But there was another crucial reason actually. I was on a multiple function on that day. As the bride's sister and... servant -,-

The ceremony on Saturday was held in fully Simalungun ethnically way which I can't mention in order one by one and explain the philosophy behind it. Can't wait to get the photos so I can show you all how it will look. So pretty.. People from the both side of couple wore clothes in bright color. Especially our family side. As Bataknese we wear Ulos in any important occasion.

But, how long was I allowed to stand gracefully in my pink gown and heels with 7 cm in height? Not more than 1 hour! And the 6 hours ahead I had to throw my heel and replace it with the comfortable robber flat sandal. Need comfy sandal to walk all day long till the afternoon to check the people we ask to manage the foods for guests in the big kitchen and... everything. My parents are the main casts on that day. Can't be disturbed! And my face is the only one people recognise as the Main Family Member; who has the responsibility to be asked where's the rendang, need money to buy this and that, new guests didn't get enough space to sit and collect the dirty plates. It's wedding ceremony not party. It's held in our home.

Kita orang kampoong tak lah pala sewa-sewa gedung kan. Mahal! Haha.

The guests were so crowded. Happy to know people fulfil our invitation and so hectic and tired at once. No matter what, the life after the ceremony is the most important thing to think about. Enough I think. I have to return to my material for tomorrow before I transform my self into a young lady with 59-years-old-thought who knows nothing but advice something great theoretically but zero practically. Sok-sok bijak, gitu lah.

Comments